Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lost Week

For a week I have not breathed the fresh air, smelled the sweet perfume of spring blooms, heard the chirping of birds, felt the warmth of sun on skin or seen the glory of spring days. For a week I have been in the hospital fighting a blood infection. Today, after 5 nights and most of 6 days, I am home sitting on the deck recouping. It feels like heaven. The doctors, nurses and staff did their part admirably in providing the right care at the right time. Laura was faithful to cheer me and her homemade tea and bread sustained me when I could not manage the hospital food. Bill was my rock and comforter. The smothie he made me every morning nourished my body and his quiet presence, attentive to my needs, nourished my spirit. The concern and prayers of my family and friends enabled me to look ahead to better days. Thank you all for the part you played in my recovery. And thanks be to God for his ever-present care.

No comments:

Post a Comment