Sunday, December 31, 2017

We Endure

On this last day of the year, as I reflect on 2017, I see in this year the rise of the woman's voice. Beginning with the Woman's March in January, continuing through the state and local elections, where woman candidates and the vote of women changed the electoral landscape, and continuing through the #MeToo movement of the fall, women have stood strong and made their voice heard.

As I think about women I know, that I have known, and that are part of my personal history, I realize that a woman's strength has also been in her ability to endure, to stand fast in the face of adversity, to overcome by her faithfulness in the everyday tasks of making a life. The following is offered to women who endure.

We endure.
It's what we do,
We women.
We endure

We women
Standing fast in
the face of adversity
We endure.

We women
by faithfulness in
everyday life.
We overcome. 

Life and love,
Childbirth and heartbreak, 
First steps and last breaths.
We embrace it all.

It's what we do.
What else is there?
We women,
We endure.

1 comment: