Monday, January 15, 2018

Light

As I finished my yoga routine this morning, the sun broke through the morning fog and poured down on my face and body. I was blinded by the power of the light and warmed by its energy. I felt immediately blessed. I had encountered light earlier this morning in the words of Martin Luther King: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only LIGHT can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only LOVE can do that.”


I began to recall scriptures that I learned in my youth and then look for more references:

Isaiah 60: 1 Arise! Shine! Your LIGHT has come; the LORD's glory has shone upon you.

John 1:3-5 “Everything that came into being though the Word, and without the Word nothing came into being. What came into being through the Word was life, and the life was the LIGHT for all people. The LIGHT shines in the darkness and the darness doesn't extinguish the LIGHT.

Psalm 119: 105 “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a LIGHT on my path.”

Matthew 4: 16 The people living in darkness have seen a great LIGHT on those living in the land of the shadow of death a LIGHT has dawned.”



John 8:12 Jesus spoke to the people again, saying, "I am the LIGHT of the world. Whoever follows me won't walk in darkness but will have the LIGHT OF LIFE."

I John 1 5-7: This is the message that we have heard from him and announce to you: "GOD IS LIGHT and there is no darkness in him at all." If we claim, "We have fellowship with him," and live in the darkness, we are lying and do not act truthfully. But if we live in the light in the same way as he is in the light, we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from every sin. 

Matthew 5:14-16 You are the LIGHT of the world. A city on top of a hill can't be hidden. Neither to people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they put it on top of a lampstand, and it shines on all who are in the house. In the same way, let your LIGHT shine before people, so they can see the good things you do and praise your Father who is in heaven.

I Peter 2: 9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people who are God's own possession. You have become this people so that you may speak of the wonderful acts of the one who called you out of darkness into his amazing LIGHT."


Light is Hope
Light is Love
Light is Life
Light is God

Receive the Light
Live in the Light
Share the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment