Monday, June 18, 2018

Psalm 23 Meditation



Meditation on Psalm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 

A loving God has created a world with sufficient resources so that not one of his children needs to lack the basic necessities of life: food, clothing, shelter and love.


2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; 

The beauty and abundance of nature should be accessible to all.


3 He restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for his name's sake. 

Communing with God through nature or in relationship with others restores the mind and spirit and leads to harmony and peace in mutual relationships.


4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff— they comfort me.

Dark times come to everyone, but no one is alone. God's Holy Spirit is the comfortor.


5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 

Even in the face of all the evil of this world, God provides abundance, enough for all.


6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long.

God's Goodness and mercy will prevail. He will never abandon His children.


Riding down the lake this morning, enjoying the wind in my face, the beauty of the shoreline and the calm water, generated this meditation.  The picture is from a similar day last year.

Melton Hill Lake, August 2017

Gentle mist slowly
Rising over calm water
Fleeing morning lake.

(June 19, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment