Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Quarantine Log, June 21 - June 27

Sunday, June 21
Loudon County is up to 232 CoVid cases. 

Monday, June 22
We motivated ourselves for a walk at Melton Hill because the weather was just right.
Loudon County has 234 cases, 45 active cases. 



Tuesday, June 23
I took Amanda to Lake Tansi for a golf match in the afternoon.  Rain threatened all day, but she got in all 9 holes without getting wet. I walked the course with her.  She came in 2nd with a 46, no hole over 6 and 2 pars.  We got home about 6:30.


Good putt.
Amanda on the right, 2nd place medal.


Wednesday, June 24
I got up a little earlier and went to pick blueberries at Honey's Blueberry Farm on Hwy 70.  In 1 1/2 hrs I only managed to pick 5 1/2 lbs, even though the berries were prolific.  After leaving there, I stopped by Laura's where Claire and Amanda helped me pick some raspberries.  Beautiful and delicious!
Loudon County stands at 243 cases with 44 active and 3457 negative tests.



     


Thursday, June 25
This morning's headlines are of the largest single day increase in CoVid nationally.  Texas, California and Florida each reported largest single day new cases.  Knox County also had a single day record of 37 on Monday, while Tennessee set its high spike for single day new cases on 6/19 at 1188.  These are not prison or nursing home cases, but community spread among young people.

On Thursday afternoon, Tn reported 38,034 case, up 799 since yesterday.  Loudon County reported 244 total with 205 recovered.  NY Times recorded 2,414,200 cases and 122,226 deaths nationally.  These are 36,975 new cases, a record daily high, but deaths have not increased proportionately because many new cases in the last 2 weeks are among people under 40.
On the personal front, Marie C came for lunch on the deck. She brought her own lunch and I made iced tea and served ice-cream with fresh strawberries.


Friday, June 26
From Bad to Worse...That is this afternoon's headline.  Tennessee has 1410 new cases since yesterday.  Loudon County is still at 244.  Knox County has 34 new cases, not quite a record, but still a lot.  In the US, there have been 2,463,700 cases and 124,779 deaths with record numbers of new cases, mostly in the south and west.  Florida reported an astonishing count of almost 8000 new cases.  Tennessee has the 3rd day of setting new cases records for a total count of 41,113.
In other, better Friday news, the recording session was as usual. Our absentee ballots were received this week and back in the mail today.  We pray that the USPS will deliver them to the right place and they will be handled with care.  I have volunteered to be on the counting board for counting absentee ballots for Loudon County this fall.  I did this once or twice years ago, but our fall travels in recent years have kept me from working elections.  This is a civic responsibility and a way for me to contribute.  Absentee voting should be much higher than usual because of the pandemic.  A judge has ruled that for this year, anyone can request tovote absentee.
Based on Marie's recommendation, I started reading Marcus Borg's Convictions.  His writing reminds me a little of Jim Whitaker, but less dense. I think I'll like it.

Saturday, June 27
I am expecting Melanie in time for lunch.  She is driving from Chattanooga where she has spent the last two nights with Chris, Erin and Solis.  I had time in the morning to complete the sourdough loaf that I started rising last night.  It still turned out flat!  I also picked bush green beans.  They are producing prolifically and I filled a grocery sack.  Bonnie called from Costco and we'll have her and her tenderloin steaks for supper tonight, along with the green beans and dill potato salad.  
It has been great to spend some time with Melanie.  Laura, et.al. came for a visit before supper and Amanda treated us to a few guitar tunes.  Good Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment