Monday, May 26, 2025

Catching up on the News (Mar 22-May 26)

I have gone more than 2 months without making a journal entry.  It is not because nothing has been happening.  Just the opposite!

May last entry left me at Wolfe Lake early on Saturday morning.  I had a delightful visit with Park & Cindy and left Sunday after breakfast for Jackson to see Melanie. Melanie and visted and had supper with Brenda then I spent the night at Brenda's. Monday morning I picked up Melanie and we traveled back to Tennesse.  We had several fun days and too soon it was time to take her to Chattanooga to Chris and Erin and their 2, Solace and Cavett.  On one of our days we, including Bill, went to downtown Knoxville for the WDVX Blue Plate Special (live music at noon) followed by lunch at Tupelo Honey on Market Square.

In other news:

A group of Trinity women are providing lunch for Habitat volunteers every Tuesday.  I am coordinating our effort and doing most of the shopping.  So Tuesday volunteering has been added to Thursday Yoga and lunch and some Wednesday's for Good Samaritan.

I've also been busy with my spring garden and we are enjoying an abundance of salad greens.

April 5. A group from Trinity participated in a pro-democracy demonstration in downtown Knoxville.  There were 10 us us representing.

No comments:

Post a Comment