Friday, October 22, 2021

Orange Beach, Part 2, Oct 15

Beach Walk Haiku Couplet

Fitness walkers stride
With grim determination,
Purposeful intent.

I meaner with
Joyful determination
And mindful intent. 

Pre-dawn glow

Early morning fishermen



Breakfast is finished,
Dishes are done. Strangely I
find myself alone.

I wasn’t alone for long.  Soon I joined the kids at the beach.  They played hard, but the girls really wanted to go to the pool, so David took them and John, leaving Trisha and Owen in the water and me watching from underneath my umbrella, as usual.  So as not to discriminate or miss any action, I also spent some time at the pool, but there was no shade.  When they decided to go to the indoor pool, I went back to the beach.  I stayed there with Owen after Trisha left until he was ready to go up for lunch.





John later ventured a little further into the water




Bill in his natural habitat
After lunch, our habit has been to spend a couple of hours indoors doing quiet things.  Mid-afternoon, David and Bill set off on another fishing expedition.  Owen and I went to the beach while Trisha tool the other children to the pools.  They sampled all 3 again today, plus the hot tub.  Owen and I stayed out until sunset.  The fishermen did not return until after dark.  No catch today.  One out of 3 trips yielded one redfish, about average.



Enjoying every last ray


No comments:

Post a Comment