Saturday, January 7, 2023

Birthday Week - January 2-4

Monday a crew of Trinity friends gathered to take down Christmas decorations in the sanctuary and store them away in the attic. Three new friends, Sarah, Barbara and Flo joined us to make a crew of 11. Mike and Terri are not quite old-timers but Deb, Wilma, Melanie, Walter, Ab & I certainly qualify. We had a good time working together then all except Ab went to Chili's for a late lunch. I wasn't hungry for supper so Bill said he could eat New Year's leftovers with ham. We won't take our decorations down until next weekend, after Epiphany.
with Flo

with me

Tuesday afternoon I took Claire to Knoxville for an infusion treatment.  I planned some shopping while I waited for her.  I'm trying to get a pair of New Balance walking shoes that actually fit, so I took back the 1st pair and took home another.  As soon as I came out of the New Balance store it started to sprinkle and quickly began in rain - the leading edge of a thunderstorm event.  I skipped the rest of my shopping and waited in the car for Claire.  The drive home was rough at first, but the line of storms passed and it began to clear before we got home.  I was ready for something different, so cooked a port tenderloin for supper and we finished off the leftover vegetables.

Wednesday morning we had another work session at church, but with a smaller group.  Four of us ended up at Donna's for lunch.  Wednesday afternoon I took Claire for another session, took the latest pair of shoes back to the store and ordered yet another pair.  Here's hoping!.  BiBimBap seemed a good way to use up leftover port tenderloin.  I haven't made it in a long time.
BiBimBap with Gochujang Sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment