Monday, December 13, 2021

FEAR, Monday, December 13

Psalm 27:1  The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stong-hold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? 

The Bible uses the phrase "Fear Not" more than 80 times.  It is our deepest instinct to fear the dark, the unknown.  God's saving grace is LIGHT and the ultimate light is Jesus.

I am not given to worry and fear. Even so, sometimes in the dark depth of night, fear overtakes me in the form of worry.  Psalm 23 is my go-to at such times.  I am also reminded of this: 2 Timothy 1:7  For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

This ordinary day continued with Santa Helper and Christmas preparations.  In retrospect, we should have feared the news that was barely reported - the first Tennessee cases of Omicron variant of COVID were confirmed/reported in Memphis. 

Baked Catfish Allison - Signature dish of The Crown of Indianola

Catfish Allison with smashed potatoes and spinach


No comments:

Post a Comment