Wednesday, December 8, 2021

SEEK - Wednesday, December 8

 Today's Advent Work is SEEK and I will seek to find an expression and image. But my devotional reading is about Peace.  I am challenged today to identify an area of my life that is filled with conflict.  I identify myself as a peace-maker and my external conflict level is usually low.  However, there are areas of my life that are not at Peace.  I am NOT at Peace with the political situation in my community, state & nation, but that conflict is external and not personal.  

The only personal conflict that I currently feel is with David over the issue of vaccination - not just COVID but all vaccination.  I believe that his position is irresponsible and endangers his family, especially the children, and endangers his entire community.  I am frustrated because he has made this choice in opposition to clear medical/scientific evidence.  I do not want to engage in conflict on those rare occasions when we are together.  During those times I want to enjoy my family time and our grandchildren.  My love for all of them is more powerful than my anger and frustration. 

How can one move from conflict to peace in the face of wrongdoing or injustice? Can holding others accountable be compatible with peacemaking?  As I SEEK resolution I must conclude that LOVE is the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment