Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Tuesday, Dec 28

Grandmother Emily Lucille Farrar Westmoreland Daves was born on this day in 1902 in Montgomery Co, Mississippi, second child of Nellie Jane McLaughlin and John Andrew Farrar.


We spent the first part of the day in preparation and anticipation of the arrival of the Missouri Whitakers.  I found a very amusing version of Mother's Macaroni and Cheese, hand-written narrative style.  It will be a precious keepsake.  I couldn't use it as the recipe, though because the proportions are off.  She also described how my Nannie (Mary Taylor) taught her to make it.

What a joy it was to see the little ones again!  Our joy was tempered with some anxiety because none of them are vaccinated.  Thankfully, the weather was warm enough to keep the windows cracked open.  We had a few hours together and dinner of ham, mac & cheese and green beans before the Matzek's arrived for gift opening.  I didn't take pictures, but Mike got a few. We had lots of presents and lots of fun!

(I'll update when I get Mike's pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment