Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Groundhog Day, February 2

 Sometimes the on-going COVIC pandemic seems like a closed loop that will never end - Groundhog day, the movie.  Locally, cases have not started declining, but given the pattern elsewhere we hope that will happen soon.

I was in my favorite chair early enough this morning to catch a beautiful sunrise! 


I had a 10 am appointment with JoLynn at church.  She was interviewing me for an article for the church newsletter - an on-going project of hers to highlight members.  It was fun and her questions brought out many good memories.  Yesterday while listening to the oldies radio I began to try to think of bands or individual musicians that Melanie and I listened to in the 60s, in alphabetical order.  I called her to challenge her to do the same. Below is my list, so far.  I'm missing a few letters.

In the afternoon I had my last PT session, at least for a while.  I hope I'm getting better.  Fried rice for supper tonight.

1960s Favorites: An Alphabet of Music

A: Animals (our favorite); Angels
B: Beatles, Beach Boys, Baez, Buddy Holly
C: Credence Clearwater Revival (our other fav); Chuck Berry
D: Diana Ross; Bobby Darin
E: Elvis
F: Four Tops
G: Gerry and the Pacemakers; Gladys Knight
H: Hendrix
I: Impressions
J: Janis Joplin
K: BB King
L: Jerry Lee Lewis
M: Marvin Gaye; Mamas and Papas; Johnny Mathis
N:
O:
P: Peter, Paul & Mary
R: Rolling Stones; Bobby Rydel
S: Simon & Garfunkle
T: Temptations
U:
V: Martha and the Vandels; Bobby Vee
W:
X:
Y:
Z: ZZ Top (a late-comer to the 60s)



No comments:

Post a Comment