Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Monday, Jan 31

The last day of the first month of the new year has been a day at home.  Friday and Saturday were also home days that I used to catch up on posting this journal on this blog.  In addition, on Friday I finished the little phone purse I have been working on for Laura.  I'll make myself another one next.  I promised Bill BiBimBap for Friday supper, made with pulled pork.

Saturday, I spent some time preparing to reach a joint Sunday School class on Spiritual Gifts.  The lesson drew from a course on the same topic that I took about five years ago.  The point of this week's lesson was that everyone has been endowed with one or more Spiritual Gifts.  We used some easy tools to identify our individual gifts.  I hope to follow-up with a session on using our gifts.  Gumbo from the freezer, with added shrimp and homemade french bread made a warming supper on a cool day.

Sunday afternoon we went to the Brocks for football and supper.  It was the first time since early December that we have been at their house.  It felt good to be healthy and together.  Kathy served Cincinnati Skyline Chili, a favorite of Cincinnati-born Wayne Brock.  I contributed a salad.  Incredibly the underdog Cincinnati Bengals won the game in overtime!

Monday has been another home day.  The weather was warm enough to be outside a little bit and Bill continues to work on the tree clean-up.  I was hungry for vegetables, so I fixed mixed greens, mashed turnips, purple-hull peas (from my garden-to-freezer stock) and boneless pork chops.  I think I'll plant turnip green that make turnips this year.  It was a satisfying soul-food meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment