Sunday, February 20, 2022

Valentine's Week, Feb 14-18

Monday:  Bill and I celebrated 50 years as a couple this Valentine's Day. We started with a leisurely morning in bed.  I later went into church to work with Pastor Linda to finish the grant for our children's program.  It morphed to Wacky Wednesday!  After lunch, Bill and I went to Turkey Creek for more jeans for him and a bathroom rug.  I also needed to restock wine.  We brought home Asian take-out for supper from PeiWei's.  Bill had chilled a bottle of Champagne for me which I shared (a little) with him.  He always buys the Freixenet Cordon Negro Extra Dry that my father favored.  After dinner and Champagne, I fell asleep watching a Nat Geo documentary on the Clothilda.  I'll have to watch it again!  The Clothilda was the last know illegal slave ship.  It delivered 100 Africans to the shores of the Mobile River in 1860 and the ship was burned to destroy evidence.  The remains of the ship has been recently discovered.  Descendants of the Clothilda Africans have kept the stories alive through oral and written histories.  Their stories are fascinating.  We have been reading about this story for a few years when visiting the Alabama Coast. https://www.al.com/life/2022/02/national-geographic-documentary-on-clotilda-to-premiere-monday.html

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_county/netflix-picks-up-clotilda-documentary-after-film-wins-prize-at-sundance-film-festival/article_934bc07e-82e4-11ec-8f33-6bd6d0bca5b9.html

Song: Clothida's on Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJh-eq3WGuc

Tuesday:  

No comments:

Post a Comment