Sunday, December 24, 2023

Advent Journal - December 11-24

After Sunday December 10, my journaling broke down.  I don't know why.  My schedule with Santa Helper continued. Monica and her mother showed up for the first cleaning session on Monday afternoon.  I was pleased with their work and will continue to have them once a month. On Tuesday, Amanda (home from college) helped with the gift pick-up at First Baptist Church.  They had adopted 60 kids, so it was a big one and Amanda's youth and energy was very appreciated.  I did not make it to the Advent Study this week. I finished with Santa Helper work on Wednesday.  Thursday, we had yoga as usual.  Friday was special for lunch with Susan, Judith, and Bonnie. We met at Aubry's in Lenoir City and had a good time catching up.  It's been a while! Saturday I cooked and deboned a ham for our church dinner tomorrow.  For us, I made another special catfish meal - pan-seared with baked potatoe and steamed spinach.



On Sunday, Dec 17, the church was decorated with memorial poinsettias and we had our December fellowship lunch.  SS, of course.



The week beginning on Dec 18 gave me a bit of time to finish my personal Christmas shopping and get ready for the family events next week.  Monday featured red beans and rice with the ham bone from yesterday and some andoullie sausage.


On Tuesday, I was able to go to the last Advent Study session. I managed to finish all the reading before the meeting.  Park got word that the sale of the Pontotoc County land will go through with closing on Friday if we can get all our paperwork together.

Tuesday visitors

Thursday Dec 21 Park Taylor and Claire Matzek celebrated birthdays.

Friday, Park went to Pontotoc County for the closing on the sale.  It is sad to let go of the 40 acres that has been in our family since the late 1800s, first belonging to great-grandfather Jeff Westmoreland. But it is time and the price was good.  We will each get a little more than $26,000 after all expenses are taken care of.  The buyer was a neighbor. We had specified that the realtor was to offer it to neighbors for 30 days before putting it on the general market.

Christmas Eve was spent getting ready, as it should!

No comments:

Post a Comment