Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Journey Continues... Nov 6 - 7 - Weekend with LeRoy

 Saturday, Nov 6

I went through a lot of photographs of the Home Place and Park's family this morning.   I knew of two pictures that I wanted to print and frame for a house gift. One is a photo of an areal photo of the farm, taken in the mid-sixties.   The other is a photo of Nannie's painting of "Honeymoon Hut." It is not dated but I would estimate that she painted it before 1950. She called the little house that because all her boys started their married life there, as did Park and his girls later.  I also selected a picture that I had taken of the house several years ago.  I uploaded the 3 files to Walgreens and had 8 x 10 prints made to frame.  I also made smaller prints for Melanie and myself.  

Blackbird Plantation, mid 1960s


Honeymoon Hut, ~1950


The Home Place, ~2010

We had LeRoy for the weekend while the Matzeks were in Middle Tennessee.  Amanda had a golf tournament near Murphreesboro Saturday and Sunday, so they took the opportunity for a weekend with Claire.  Mid-afternoon, we celebrated the perfect fall weather with a walk through the park.



Kathy had requested shrimp gumbo, so I did all the prep work before picking up my prints.  When I got back, it was time to put the gumbo together.  It was ready in time to go to their house for a 6 pm game.  We beat Kentucky! And the shrimp, andouille and okra gumbo was excellent.

Shrimp Gumbo from River Road Recipes III
(I don't usually have a pound of crabmeat so I sub 2 cans
and I make my own stock using the shrimp shells)


No comments:

Post a Comment