Tuesday, January 25, 2022

January Days, 16-25

For some reason, unknown to me, I did not write anything for these 10 days.  However, I have a few pictures to share.

Sunday, Jan 16

Snow is just beginning as I made my delivery to the Brocks.

Little Snowbird (Dark-eyed Junco) looking for seeds 

Monday, Jan 17

No color on this snow-covered day


I put out some meat trimmings and very soon 2 red-shouldered hawks claimed it.

Red-Shouldered Hawk


I rummaged the freezer to find this boneless leg of lamb portion.  It made a very savory and satisfying roast. The trimmings fed the hawks.


The Matzeks shared their snow-day pics

Amanda is a snow-bird, too.

Tuesday, Jan 18

Snow's gone.  Sunset is gorgeous.

Thursday, Jan 20

Another snow-dust.  This was also taken at sunset!

Sort-of Jambalaya.  Bill was not crazy about this dish.

Saturday, Jan 22

Just finished 2 weeks of chemo cream for a spot on my nose.  I'm glad to wear a mask when I go out.  It will get worse before it gets better!


Home-made all the way.  Crust started with sourdough starter discard and made with items on hand, including home-made sauce.  It came out pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment