Wednesday, January 5, 2022

2022 Begins - Tuesday, Jan 4

 Pastor Linda's Bible study resumed this morning. We had not quite finished our advent study.  Five of us gathered around the table for reading and discussion. We agreed that the study has been a good starting point for conversation about the joys and struggles of our lives. Today we were led to write down our biggest worry and burn it (at home) as a symbol of releasing the worry to God's providence and grace.

I'm not a worrier type and seldom feel crippled by worry. But I'm afraid my biggest worries are too close to my heart to let go in a simple symbolic ceremony.  The serenity prayer is my go-to and I repeat it often.

After our session, Bonnie and I had lunch.  Later, I had a good "catch-up" phone visit with Deborah. She and George are still looking for property near Madison.

With all our leftovers finally gone, I made a new chicken dish tonight, full of vegetables and no heavy sauce, served over pasta.  Just right!

Chicken Monterey, from the old Silver Palate cookbook


No comments:

Post a Comment