Thursday, January 6, 2022

2022 Begins - Wednesday, Jan 5

I was up and out to church again this morning, this time to help Walter un-decorate the sanctuary, removing tree ornaments and other Christas decorations.  Only Bonnie and I showed up to help.   We worked hard for 2+ hours then adjourned to Bonnie's for lunch from Arby's. Pastor Linda joined us for lunch.

COVID infections are rampant in the area.  I will not go anywhere in public without a mask, but I did work and eat today with my vaccinated, boosted friends without a mask. I hope I won't regret it.  Wayne woke up with cold symptoms and later in the day a home test kit gave him a positive diagnosis.  That really makes me reconsider my activities.

Yesterday's Loudon County COVID update reported 36% positivity rate and that does not even include home tests!  The number of active cases has doubled in the last 9 days.  Still, just 92% of the local population has been fully vaccinated.  There have been 7 deaths in the last 8 days.  My friend Margaret has been in the hospital since before Christmas and sick for almost a month.  As of today, TN gov will begin reporting COVID data weekly instead of daily.  The data will be a week or more behind.

Today, we've been bombarded with bad news - COVID cases exploding, political unrest and a looming snowstorm.  The challenge is to find joy in the midst of it all. We will take down our Christmas Tree soon.  In the meantime, it brings a smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment