Sunday, January 2, 2022

New Year's Day, January 1, 2022

 The New Year Begins - 

We began the New Year with breakfast for David's family. Biscuits, sausage and eggs for the adults; oatmeal, sausage and cinnamon-raisin toast (GF) for the kids.  They will have the leftover sausage and biscuits for their trip to Chattanooga. Breakfast is the meal at which the kids eat the most, so I have tried to make it hearty and healthy.  There was time for them to play while David and Trisha packed and loaded the car.  They were on the road to Chattanooga before 1 pm.  Owen was determined that he would not smile for my picture.


David, Trisha, Owen, Allison, Evangeline and John
January 2, 2022

We are very worried about them going to this conference in Chattanooga with over 1000 college students, most likely not vaccinated.  I don't know how they will avoid the Omicron infection.

Saturday afternoon, we stripped beds, vacuumed and mopped.   I found a can of greens and a can of black-eyed peas in the cabinet to go with leftover ham for the traditional New Year's Day good luck meal.  I guess I can say we were lucky in 2021.  Neither Bill nor I were sick with COVID or any other sickness.  We did not suffer economically and quarantining when necessary has been no hardship for us.  We even enjoyed an abbreviated beach vacation.  I pray that the New Year will bring blessings to all our family, that we will be safe from serious illness.

Good luck for 2022!

As tired as I was at the end of the day, sleep didn't come easily.  However, getting back to my kind size bed with the soft latex topper was a great relief to my joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment